I’ve found it so helpful to ask that question in every area of my life. It brings clarity and focus.
And so, let me ask YOU:
What is the ONE thing that you can do for your PCOS such that by doing it everything else will be easier and unnecessary?
I know that living with PCOS can require a whole lifestyle over haul. I also firmly believe in the power of food to help manage our symptoms. But, sometimes we lack the motivation, feel overwhelmed or just don’t know where to start.
I know what it’s like. I’ve been there too.
So, let’s scale it back.
Let’s talk about the ONE thing you can do for your PCOS. I can’t answer the question for you. I don’t know where you are in life, what your goals or priorities are. So, I’m just going to make some suggestions.
We’ll break down a couple of areas as they relate to PCOS and ask that all important question.
Let’s start with food.
The ONE thing you can do about your Eating for PCOS
What is the ONE thing that you can do about your eating habits such that by doing it everything else will be easier and unnecessary?
Here are some suggestions:
- Always have snack with you. I tend to slip up when I’m hungry and can’t find suitable food. I resort to junk food and send my insulin levels sky rocketing. So, having snacks with me makes me feel less deprived and more in control.
- Have a couple of “go-to” recipes. Some meals can be more difficult than others. Lunch can be tricky if you work at an office and normally have sandwiches. What is the one thing you can do to make it easier? Have a plan in place of what you will eat when at the office. Be prepared and put a little bit of thought into it so that you don’t fall back into the routine of that sandwich.
- Always make sure that you have good food in the house. If you fill your fridge and pantry with good food and eliminate the junk, you’re less likely to actually eat the junk and instead fuel your body with delicious, nutritious food.
- If you’re struggling to give up dairy, maybe your one thing could be finding a substitute that you really like.
The ONE Thing you can do about your Supplements for your PCOS:
Let’s talk about your supplement regime. We’re not talking specific supplements here. If you do want to know more about those, you can find them here:
What is the ONE thing that you can do for about your supplements such that by doing it everything else will be easier and unnecessary?
- Instead of taking loads of supplements, find the ones that are most effective for you and focus on those. For me, the most important supplements are Ovasitol, Omega 3 and Vitamin D.
- Find the form that best works for you. I used to take tablets or capsules. Now, I find that drops of powders are easier and offer less resistance for me.
- Pick the same time everyday. Sometimes we’re just not in the habit of taking supplements. Taking them at the same time each day and making them a part of your routine can be really helpful. I take mine with my breakfast and just before I go to bed.
The ONE Thing you can do with exercise for your PCOS:
We know that exercise is important for PCOS (you can find out more here ) So,
What is the ONE thing that you can do for with exercise such that by doing it everything else will be easier and unnecessary?
- I know that High Intensity Interval training and resistance training are great for women with PCOS. So, when I am able to exercise and go to gym, that’s what I focus on.
- Maybe you can’t get to gym or struggle to exercise. What is the one thing that you can do? Move. Walk, run, skip, jump, cycle. It doesn’t matter what. Just get moving.
- Maybe you lack motivation. Maybe your one thing is finding a work out partner.
Those are just a few suggestions. You need to come up with the things that work best for you.
And to be honest, it doesn’t really matter what your answer is. What is important is that you are taking small steps daily to manage your PCOS.
These small habits will grow and develop. Once your One Thing has become a part of your life and routine, you can focus on another one and then another one.
One of the best things you could do now is check out From The Inside Out, my 10 week comprehensive course for women with PCOS.
Now, I don’t want you to just read this. I want you to take action. To make a small commitment.
So, with that in mind, leave me a comment below and let me know what YOUR one thing is. I want to hear from you!
Tarryn is the founder of PCOS Diet Support, the top ranked PCOS diet & lifestyle site with over 160,000 users per month. As a fellow cyster there are no empty promises here, just facts